Malaysia International Scholarship
The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government's effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities. This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study: Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies.
Field of studies are in the following priority areas:
i. Science and Engineering
ii. Agriculture and Fisheries
iii. Economics and Islamic Finance
iv. Information and Communication Technology
vi. Biosecurity and Food Safety
vii. Infrastructure and Utility
viii. Environmental Studies
ix. Health excluding nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy
For details, see: https://payloan.mohe.gov.my/MIS/
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP)
The MTCP Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies provides opportunities for students to pursue advanced academic study in Malaysia. This scholarship is a Government-to-Government basis, without any bond imposed by Malaysia. Scholarships are intended for promising candidates who may be expected to make a significant contribution to their own countries on their return from Malaysia.
Scholarships are available for postgraduate studies at Masters and PhD level tenable at Malaysian Universities. The duration of the award is 36 months for PhD and between 12 to 24 months for Masters programme.
For details, see: http://www.mohe.gov.my/
Maxis Scholarships for Excellence
For young and outstanding Malaysians who strive to set standards for themselves as well as others, Maxis Scholarship For Excellence presents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to embark upon a journey that will lead them to the realisation of their greatest goals.
Allowing the best and brightest graduate students to pursue courses in a selection of programmes at the world's top universities, Maxis Scholarship For Excellence promises academic excellence and broader personal horizons.
Scholarship categories: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
For details, see: http://www.maxis.com.my/scholarship/
Shell Malaysia Scholarships
Every year, we offer a number of scholarships to support students in achieving their personal goals and ambitions.
Malaysian students planning to pursue full-time undergraduate studies (1st degree course) tenable at recognised universities in Malaysia or Overseas are eligible to apply.
Applications for the Shell Malaysia Scholarships 2013 are now open.
Disabled students are encouraged to apply.
This is open to students who will be undertaking full time first degree courses at the preferred Malaysian and JPA approved international universities based in Malaysia.
Preferred Degree Discipline
~ Any Oil and Gas field related degrees (Eg. Technical Engineering, logistics and supply chain management etc)
*Students with physical disabilities (Orang Kurang Upaya) are not restricted in their choice and may apply to do a degree in any discipline.
~ Strong leadership skills and active participation in extracurricular activities such as societies and
clubs, sports, etc.
~ Not presently holding other scholarship/loans.
~ Disabled Identification Card certified by Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat (where applicable)
~ Consistently strong academic achievements as follows:
For Undergraduate studies
- Strong academic results in the STPM (minimum 3A’s & 1B) or A-Levels (minimum 2A’s & 1B)
- Minimum of 3.5 CGPA at Matriculation / Diploma level
For details, see: http://www.shell.com.my
The Malaysian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
The Malaysian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan are awarded by the Malaysian Government to the nominated students from the Commonwealth countries to study at the post-graduate level in Malaysia. This is a Government to Government scheme without any bond imposed by Malaysia.
The awards for Masters degree are between 12 to 24 months depending on the courses. Awards for pursuing PhD degree are for 3 years. The Awards are only applicable for candidates pursuing full-time degree programmes in Malaysia.
For details, see: http://www.mohe.gov.my
TheSun-MAPCU Higher Education Scholarship Fund 2012
The Malaysian Association of Private Colleges & Universities (MAPCU) in partnership with theSun will be award The Malaysian Association of Private Colleges & Universities (MAPCU) in partnership with theSun will be awarding RM5.13 million worth of scholarships. The scholarships will cover tuition fee for courses at participating universities and colleges as indicated below:
(Click here for more details)
Closing date: (varies) 10 April 2012
1) Asia Pacific University College of Techonology & Innovation (UCTI)
• Bachelor (Hons) in Business Management
• BA (Hons) in International Business Management
• BA (Hons) in Marketing Management
• BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
• BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Development
• BSc (Hons) in Web Media Technology
• BA (Hons) in Media Marketing
• BA (Hons) in Media Informatics
• BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
• BSc (Hons) in Information Technology (in Information Systems Security)
• BSc (Hons) in Information Technology (in Intelligent Systems)
• BSc (Hons) in Information Technology (in Network Computing)
• BSc (Hons) in Information Technology (in Forensic Computing)
• BSc (Hons) in Enterprise Computing
2) Berjaya University College of Hospitality
• Diploma in Event Management
• Diploma in Retail Management
3 )BINARY COLLEGE (CITY CAMPUS)
• Diploma in Business Administration
• Diploma in Accounting
4) BINARY UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
• Diploma in Business Administration
• BA (Hons) Entrepreneurship
5) HELP Academy
• BSc Accounting & Finance (Hons)
(University of London)
6) HELP University College
• Bachelor of Business (Hons) - Major: Accounting, Marketing, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, International Business
• Bachelor of Economics (Hons)
• Bachelor of Management (Hons)
• Bachelor of Communication (Hons) - Major: Media Studies
• Bachelor of Communcation (Hons) - Major: Marketing Communication
• Bachelor of Communication (Hons) - Major: Public Relations
7) KBU International College
• Diploma in Mechatronics
• Diploma in Interactive Design
• Diploma in Information Technology
• Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
• Diploma in Mass Communication
• B Sc (H) Software Engineering
• B Eng (H) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
• B Sc (H) Information and Communications Technology
• BA (H) Graphic Design
8) PTPL Group
• Diploma Teknologi Maklumat
• Diploma Pengurusan
• A Level (Penang)
• Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management (Penang)
• Private Secretarial Diploma – LCCI (Penang)
• Diploma in Business Studies – LCCI (Penang)
• CAT (Penang)
• ACCA (Penang)
9) KDU University College
• KEELE University – BA (Hons) in Business Management
• Diploma in Mass Communication
• LLB University of London International Programme
• Diploma in Computer Studies / Diploma in Business Computing
• Diploma in International Hotel & Tourism / Diploma in Professional Chef Training / Diploma in Culinary Arts
• Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
• Associate of Chartered Certified Accountants
10) Kuala Lumpur Infrastructure University College (KLIUC)
• Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hons)
• Bachelor of Communication (Hons) in Corporate Communication
• Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) in Network Technology
• Diploma in Quantity Surveying
• Diploma in Biotechnology
11) Monash University (Sunway Campus)
• Bachelor of Arts (Communication / Writing / International Studies / Psychology / Journalism)
• Bachelor of Arts (Global)
• Bachelor of Communication
• Bachelor of Business and Commerce
• Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical)
• Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Computer Systems)
• Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
• Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics)
• Bachelor of Information Technology and Systems
• Bachelor of Computer Science
• Bachelor of Psychological Science and Business
• Bachelor of Science
• Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology)
• Bachelor of Science (Food Science and Technology)
• Bachelor of Science (Medical Bioscience)
12) Management & Science University
• Diploma in Accountancy
• Diploma in Information Technology
• Diploma in E-Commerce
• Diploma in Management
• Bachelor in Information & Communication Technology (Hons)
• Bachelor in Computer Science (Hons)
• Bachelor in Foodservice Technology (Hons)
13) Olympia College
• Diploma in Business Studies (specialization in Management) (PJ / Kuantan)
• Diploma in Business Management (KL / Pg / Ipoh / JB)
• Diploma in Hotel Management (PJ / Pg / Ipoh)
14) Sunway University
• Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business
• The Institute of Chartered Accountant in England & Wales
• Certified Accounting Technician
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
• Bachelor of Business, Victoria University, Australia
• Diploma in Business Administration
• BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
• BSc (Hons) in Information Systems
• BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
• BSc (Hons) in Business Management / BSc (Hons) in Business Studies
• BSc (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
15) UCSI University TRUST
• B.A. (Hons) Interior Architecture
• B.Sc. (Hons) Architectural Technology
• B.Eng. (Hons) Chemical Engineering
• B.Eng. (Hons) Communication & Electronic Engineering
• B.Eng. (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering
• B.Eng. (Hons) Mechatronic Engineering
• B.A. (Hons) Accounting & Finance
• B.Sc. (Hons) Actuarial Science
• BA (Hons) Business Administration
• B.A. (Hons) Marketing
• B.Sc. (Hons) Business Information Systems
• B Sc (Hons) - Computing
• B.Sc. (Hons) Mobile Computing
• B.A. (Hons) English Language and Communication
• B.A. (Hons) Fashion Design with Marketing
• B.C.A. (Hons) 3D Animation Design
• B.A. (Hons) Commerce (Major in International Business, Industrial Relations, Retail Management)
• B.A. (Hons) Event & Tourism Management
• B.A. (Hons) Hospitality Mangement
• Work Based Learning Diploma in Hotel Mangement
• Work Based Learning Diploma in Culinary Arts
• B.B.A. (Hons) Oil & Gas Mangement
16) NILAI UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
• Foundation in Business
• Foundation in Science & Technology
• Bachelor in Business Administration (Hons)
• B.B.A. (Hons)
• B.B.A. (Hons) in Finance
• B.B.A. (Hons) in Human Resource Management
• B.B.A. (Hons) in International Business
• B.B.A. (Hons) in Management
• B.B.A. (Hons) in Marketing
• B.B.A. (Hons) in Business & Hospitality Management
• Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
• Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)
• B.Sc. (Hons) Biotechnology
• B.Sc. (Hons) in Nursing
• Bachelor of Automative Engineering (Hons)
• Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Hons)
• Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons)
17) Stamford College
• Diploma in Hospitality Management
• Diploma in Corporate Administration
• Diploma in Media and Communication
• BSc (Hons) Computer Networks, (UEL)
• BA (Hons) Marketing, (UEL)
• BA (Hons) Inter.Bus. BAIB, UEL
• B.Eng. (Hons) Electrical & Electronic, (UEL)
18) TAYLOR’S UNIVERSITY
• B. Engineering (Hons) in Chemical Engineering
• B. Engineering (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
• B. Engineering (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
• B. Business (Hons) (Business Administration)
• B. Business (Hons) (Human Resource Management)
• B. Business (Hons) (International Business)
• B. Business (Hons) (International Business and Marketing)
For more details, please log onto www.thesundaily.my to download the application form and review the terms & conditions herein. Scholarship applications will open after SPM results are announced and close early April 2012.
You can also download the application form here.
The Tunku Abdul Rahman Bursary
The Dermasiswa Tunku Abdul Rahman was set up in memory of the late Y.T.M. Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj, the Father of Independence and the first Prime Minister of Malaysia.
- Malaysian citizen
- Will complete full-time Bachelor degree studies at a local institution of Higher Education between 1 October 2011 and 30 September 2012.
- From a disadvantaged family background
Closing date: 30 September 2012
BN Youth Education Scholarship (BNYES)
In line with BN Youth’s continuous championing of enabling education to Malaysian youths, BNYES is a program set up by the youth movement to attract high calibre students into higher education institutions. The scholarships are intended to provide financial assistance to those students who might otherwise be unable to obtain a college education and to reward and recognize superior academic performance.
Who Can Apply?
• All Malaysian citizens below 25 years of age as on 1st January this year.
• Possess good results in SPM/STPM or other equivalent qualifications.
• Be active in sports and extra-curricular activities.
• Must not be bonded to or in receipt of any financial aid or rewards from other educational institutionsor organisations.
• Must be able to gain admission to approved educational institutions.
For details, see: http://www.bnyes.com.my/webBNYes/about.html
Gamuda Scholarship Award 2012
A strong advocate of education and training, the Gamuda Scholarship Award grants tertiary scholarship opportunities to bright and well-deserve Malaysians annually.
The Gamuda Scholarship Award is an education grant that covers both the students’ tuition and living expenses in local, private and foreign universities. In the best interest of the scholar, a structured mentoring, training and career guidance is offered during the scholars’ education and employment period with the Group.
The Scholarship Offers
1. Full tuition fees and living expenses for local public/private universities
2. Full/half tuition fees for local foreign universities
Course of Study (local, public/private, foreign university)
1. Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or Environmental)
2. Quantity Surveying / Housing, Building and Planning
3. Economics, Business Administration, & Social Sciences
- Obtained at least 5As in SPM and 3As in the recent STPM or equivalent (eg. “A” Levels, Matriculation, Foundation, Diploma)
- A good command of English, leadership qualities, right values and character, drive and commitment to excel
- Gained acceptance into any of the above mentioned institutions at time of interview
- Must show proof of financial need
- Willing to serve in the Gamuda Group for a specified period upon graduation
- Must not be a recipient of a scholarship, loan or financial assistance from any other organization
How To Apply
You can go to http://www.gamuda.com.my/scholarship.html to find more information about the scholarship award, or visit https://ea.gamuda.com.my/ to apply online.
Closing date: 30 April 2012
Putrajaya Perdana Berhad Scholarship Awards 2012
PUTRAJAYA PERDANA BERHAD (“PPB”), an investment holding company through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, PUTRA PERDANA CONSTRUCTION Sdn Bhd and PUTRA PERDANA DEVELOPMENT Sdn Bhd, has over the years designed, developed and built several billion Ringgit worth of prestigious commercial, residential and infrastructural projects in the country, especially in sustainable development.
The education of our younger generation has been an issue very close to the heart of PPB. With our annual PPB Scholarship Programme, we wish to provide educational opportunities to the youth of the nation and to build a better future for the deserving and needy Malaysian students who would otherwise be denied of higher education due to financial constraints.
• Offers up to RM5,000/RM9,000 per academic year for Diploma/Degree programme respectively;
• Opens to financially needy and academically deserving students who are currently pursuing or intending to pursue higher education in local public/private universities/colleges/polytechnics; and
• Requires successful scholars, upon completion of their respective courses and graduation to serve as an employee of PPB or any of its subsidiaries for a minimum of 2 years (subject to vacancy availability)
FIELDS OF STUDY
• Civil/Structural Engineering
• Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
• Quantity Surveying
• Building/Construction Management
• Must be a Malaysian citizen
• Full-time student in local university/college
• Already gained OR intended to seek acceptance into local public/private universities/colleges/ polytechnics (for new undergraduates, please submit to us via email the letter of acceptance once you received it)
• Excellent SPM/STPM/Diploma or other relevant results
• Currently not holding any other scholarship or receiving financial assistance from any organizations
For details, see: www.p-perdana.com
Closing date: 18 May 2012.
Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarships
This prestigious scholarship is offered to students who display academic and leadership excellence to pursue a Bachelors Degree at a local university. The scholarship recipient will be a 'Tunku Scholar'.
Applicants should be Malaysian citizens and not more than 25 years of age at close of applications.
For further details, see: http://www.yayasantar.org.my/BTAR.html
Applications open from: 1 – 30 March 2012
The IJM Scholarship Award
IJM Scholarship Award is offered to help develop, nurture and raise excellent talented Malaysians of the future. Through this award, financially needy Malaysians are give the opportunity to develop their full potential, fulfill their aspiration and contribute towards the nation’s development.
Value of the Award
RM10,000 per academic year.
The award will be for the minimum period required to complete the course of study
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil, Mechanical & Electrical, Chemical)
- Bachelor of Housing, Building & Planning
- Bachelor of Quantity Surveying
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Estate Management
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Polymer Science, Mineral Science, Geology)
- Bachelor of Economics / Business Administration
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science / Agribusiness
- Excellent academic achievements in STPM / Matriculation
- Outstanding leadership qualities and active participation in extra-curricular activities
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Financial needy
- Currently pursuing or awaiting acceptance to pursue full-time degree courses at universities in Malaysia
- Not a recipient of scholarship, loan or financial assistance from any other organization
Condition of Award
Successful scholars will have to serve as employees of IJM or any of its subsidiaries for a stipulated period immediately upon completion of their studies.
Submit online application via www.ijm.com/v2/scholarship2012.
For enquiry, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details, see: http://www.ijm.com/v2/nurturing/Scholarship.html
Closing date: 20 April 2012
IELTS Scholarships 2012
British Council IELTS Scholarships 2012 are now open for application. A total of RM50,000 is awarded to five Malaysians who are pursuing their undergraduate or postgraduate programmes in an higher educational institution in Malaysia or overseas that recognises IELTS as an entry requirement in 2012. Two scholarships will be awarded for students who are applying for a university in Australia and the United States.
To be eligible, you should comply with the following minimum requirements:
- be a Malaysian citizen
- begin undergraduate or postgraduate study in Malaysia or overseas in 2012
- attend a higher education institution that accepts IELTS as part of the admissions requirements
- have taken your most recent IELTS test with a British Council IELTS Centre
- have taken the test from 1 January 2012 onwards
- have a valid IELTS score, with a minimum overall band score of 6.5
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by 31 July 2012
Closing date : 30 June 2012
The Merdeka Award Grant
The Merdeka Award is designed to make it possible for qualified and deserving Malaysians to engage in short-term collaborative projects/programmes of up to three months, at an internationally-recognised host institution. The attachment aims to help the recipient build on his or her expertise by undergoing a learning experience in an institution or organisation of international repute, and improving the Grantee's body of work and achievements.
The grant is awarded to qualified citizens of Malaysia, aged 22 – 35, residing in Malaysia or overseas, in the following fields:
- Education & Community
- Health, Science and Technology
For details, see http://www.merdekaaward.my/The-Grant/About-The-Grant.aspx
Closing date: 30 June 2012
The Kuok Foundation
The Kuok Foundation Study Awards are offered to needy Malaysian citizens only. Preference will be given to applicants who have good academic qualifications and are active in school.
Who can apply: Malaysians applying for or currently pursuing full time undergraduate studies at selected Malaysian Private Universities / Colleges.
What is offered: Loans or half-loan half-grants ranging from RM10,000 to RM40,000 per annum depending on courses undertaken.
Conditions: Undergraduate courses undertaken and complete in Malaysia only (including "3+0+ foreign degree courses. Courses must be fully accredited by MQA.
Closing date: 6 July 2012
Who can apply: Malaysians intending to pursue M.Sc. or PhD by full-time research in Engineering, Science & Technology at selected Malaysian universities.
What is offered: M.Sc - Scholarships of RM28,000 per annum for up to 2 years. PhD - scholarships for RM38,000 per annum for up to 3 years.
Conditions: Age Limit: M. Sc - below 30 years; PhD - below 35 years.
Closing date: 13 July 2012
For details, see: http://www.kuokfoundation.com/study_general.html
The MREPC Scholarship Awards
The MREPC Scholarship Award is back!
Malaysian Rubber Export Promotion Council (MREPC) is an agency under the Ministry of Plantation Industries and Commodities that facilitates the export of quality rubber products worldwide.
The MREPC Scholarship Awards seeks to attract and retain top talent in the rubber product industry. We are calling all deserving Malaysians to take up the challenge with us as Malaysia continues to soar as the world’s leading player in rubber products manufacturing industry.
What do we offer?
- Tuition fees (full or partial)
- Living allowance
- Internship opportunities
- Employment opportunities upon graduation
- Malaysian citizen and be a full time student in IPTA/ local IPTS
- Outstanding academic results in SPM and STPM or equivalent, as well as undergraduate programme (if any)
- Secured placement or currently pursuing undergraduate study programme (Year 1 or 2) at IPTA/IPTS
- Active participation in extracurricular activities or community service
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award
- Able to provide two credible guarantors
Fields of study
- Engineering – chemical, mechanical, electrical/ electronic, industrial, material, energy
- Polymer science & technology
- Environmental studies
- Economics/ Marketing/ Business studies/ Statistical analysis/ IT
For details, and online application, see: http://www.mrepc.com/scholarships/index.php
Closing Date: 21 October 2012
Samling Scholarship and Bursary Programme
Sampling Global Limited grants annual scholarships to students with outstanding academic credentials and leadership potential, with the aim of enriching Malaysia's talent and skill force. The Samling Scholarship Programme hopes to assist deserving youth of our nation to realize their academic aspirations.
Fields of Study
- Wood Science & Technology
- Plant Resource
- Electrical Power
- Business Information system
- Interior Design
- Students with excellent academic results in SPM and/or STPM seeking admission or currently enrolled in a local University.
- Possess a dynamic personality, excellent communication skills and hold leadership positions in extra-curricular activities.
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship, award by any other organization.
- Keen to serve in the Samling Group for a specified period upon completion of their studies.
- Malaysian citizens only. Sarawakians are encouraged to apply.
- RM7,500 per academic year for Science, IT and Arts
- RM10,000 per academic year for Engineering
For details, see: http://www.samling.com/eng/responsibility/scholarship.htm
Closing date: 30th September 2012.